Certificate in Management for the Medtech and Engineering Sector
ObjectivesDeveloped by the Irish Medtech Skillnet in collaboration with the Kemmy Business School, University of Limerick provides a sound introduction to management for the medical technology and engineering sector. Developed for employees who aspire to consolidate their existing operational experience and gain a formal management qualification. This One-year skills-based programme is an introduction to management aimed at current and aspiring people managers and supervisors with the necessary knowledge, skills and competencies to become highly effective managers within their individual departments and organisation.
The Certificate is delivered via Tutor facilitated interactive workshops. While based on relevant academic theories, concepts and techniques there will also be significant focus on individual personal development and practical application of learning within the workplace.
Recognise and integrate fundamental core management principles and theories.
Differentiate the central managerial components of one’s organisational role from the technical and administrative components.
Apply a comprehensive range of management skills and techniques to improve individual, team and organisational performance.
Employ interpersonal skills, confidence and ability to achieve personal targets and goals.
The Medtech Competency Framework developed by the Medtech Sector: to support recruitment and team development.
A tutor facilitated skills based workshop is held at which practical exercises and applications reinforce the learning material studied by participants.
Participants prepare for each module completing private study sessions based upon guided reading, textbooks and self-assessment questions.
An assignment is completed for each module, with detailed written feedback from tutors.
Ongoing coaching, advice and support provided for the duration of the programme.
• Online Induction
• Managing Communications & Reflective Learning Journal
• Motivating the Team
• Selecting the Team
• Management and Leadership
• Selecting the Team: Interviews
• Managing Communications: Presentations
• Managing Performance
• Case Study Briefing
• Managing Employee Relations
• Quality Management
• Managing Change and Conflict
• Managing Employee Relations Interviews
• Case Study – Presentation
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Entry RequirementsCANDIDATE PROFILE
• Those who aspire to or currently hold their first Supervisory/Management position
• Those who wish to develop a range of skills including self-management, team management and interpersonal skills
• Those seeking a third level qualification in management
• The programme is open to managers, supervisors or those aspiring to a managerial role with a minimum of two years organisational experience.
QualificationQQI Level 6 certificate
No training dates available at the moment.