Digitalisation of Production
ObjectivesIn this module, the learner will visualise, create and simulate a 3D model of a manufacturing application (Digital Twin). As a key component of Industry 4.0, the Digital Twin concept has a wide range of applications and benefits including manufacturing system development, product life cycle, validation, marketing, and training. The 3D model will be linked to its physical twin to produce statistical information on the application. The module will address the use of the Digital Twin to link together manufacturing applications, machines, conveyancing and robotics to evaluate and improve the design and implementation of manufacturing systems.
- Runs for 9 weeks
- Delivered fully online
- Weekly Tutorial
- 90 minutes self directed learning each week
1. Analyse the application of digital product design to reduce costs and increase throughput in a relevant industrial context.
2. Develop a model simulation of a production process, addressing aspects of optimisation, capacity expansion and what-if scenarios.
3. Analyse the application of a Digital Twin Design approach to improving the re-configurability of a production process.
4. Review the technologies associated with visualisation of industrial processes and discuss their relevance and effective in manufacturing.
Evaluate, the impacts (qualitatively and quantitatively) of a manufacturing digitalisation initiative in relation to standard industry benchmarks.
Who should attendThose seeking to implement digitalisation in manufacturing
Qualification5 ECTS of L9
No training dates available at the moment.