Cyber-Physical Systems & IoT
ObjectivesThis module adopts an applied learning approach to understanding embedded systems, the Internet-of-things (IoT) and the cyber-physical systems (sensors, control boards) necessary for data acquisition in industrial environments.
The aim of this module is to enable the learner to programme standard ICT Boards, I/O, sensors and gateways in order to collect time-series data streams. Furthermore, the application of data stream analysis at the Board/Gateway level (edge computing) will be explored.
Content includesOn completion of this module the learner will/should be able to;
1. Analyse the application of cyber-physical systems, the Internet of Things and industrial networks in a relevant industrial context.
2. Specify and configure a suitable distributed embedded system for a data acquisition application in industry.
3. Program an application to acquire and log time-series data streams, with appropriate time-stamps, data cleansing and formatting.
4. Program an edge based data analysis algorithm to provide condensed information for transfer.
5. Implement an application to capture and analyse relevant real-time industry data, relevant to the learners practice.
Who should attend
No training dates available at the moment.