Quality and Good Manufacturing Practice
*This industry led programme is funded under Skills Connect and is for people who are currently seeking employment, subject to eligibility criteria* ObjectivesThis programme aims to provide the Life Sciences Sector with a course in quality and good manufacturing practice, which will be available to employees and potential entrants to the sector. It will provide the opportunity to equip trainees with the knowledge, skill and competence to perform a range of manufacturing tasks in compliance with quality standards and good manufacturing practice.
Content includesExplore the related regulatory framework as it applies to the life sciences manufacturing sector
- Gain knowledge of the key elements of quality management systems and good manufacturing practice and related documentation
- Distinguish between conforming and non-conforming products and practices
- Acquire skills necessary to implement good manufacturing practice in line with appropriate procedure and regulation
- Develop the academic and vocational language, literacy and/or numeracy skills related to quality and current good manufacturing practice
Schedule of learning
- Weeks 1 - 3 : Pre-recorded lectures along with reading / mini-assignment (approx 3 - 4 hours work weekly)
- Week 4 - Live 1 hour tutorial with lecturer. On-line exam.
- Portfolio of work due before week 12
- Week 1: Welcome and Introduction to the module material released weekly
- Week 2: Recorded lectures and study material - up to 2.5 hours per week plus small assignment
- Week 3: Recorded lectures and study material - up to 2.5 hours per week plus small assignment
- Week 4: Recorded lectures and study material - up to 2.5 hours per week plus small assignment
- Week 5: Online tutorial and exam (Certificate of Completion upon successful grade of exam)
- Week 12: Portfolio of work due on or before week 12 (QQI Level 5 minor award on NFQ, upon successful grade of portfolio)
Who should attendPersonnel working in the Life Sciences Sector, individuals who are unemployed/on PUP
QualificationQQI Level 5 minor award on NFQ
No training dates available at the moment.