Certified Quality Engineer ASQ
Based on the body of knowledge of the ASQ’s Certified Quality Engineer, this course is run by Global Business Institute Ireland, for Irish Medtech Skillnet in response to the acute shortage of qualified quality engineers in the Medical Device and other industry sectors. The course is comprehensive, practical and completely covers all aspects of quality engineering including QMS design, documentation, process validation, auditing, capability analysis, MSA, data visualization, statistical decision making and medical device reliability. *Limited places available - please book online to secure your place!
Why Become a Quality Engineer?
Quality Engineers are in high demand across several industries including Medtech. To become a Quality Engineer you will have achieved a recognised mastery in the quality discipline - you will have the knowledge and skills required to improve the processes that drive customer satisfaction, which will improve the business performance of your organization.
You become certified by demonstrating the following core competencies through work experience and passing the examination:
· Quality management and leadership - the philosophies and foundations of quality, its leadership principles and techniques, and proven communication skills.
· Develop the quality management system (QMS) – design, documentation, standards and guidelines, quality training and auditing, and the cost of quality (COQ).
· Design of products, processes, and services - classification of characteristics, verification and validation, and reliability and maintainability.
· Critical skills required to implement effective product and process control - acceptance sampling, material control, metrology, and measurement system analysis.
· Mastery of the quantitative tools and techniques that drive continuous improvement, from lean and corrective action to kaizen and Six Sigma.
· Ability to summarize data, draw statistical conclusions, analyse distributions, test hypotheses, perform capability studies, and design and execute experiments.
· Be fluent in risk management: its oversight, assessment, control, auditing, and testing
Method of Delivery
The course material is available 24/7 in pre-recorded video format, and blended with six (6) interactive virtual classroom days and weekly, one hour, tutorials at 7pm.
Format of this course is Blended Learning.
The programme is 15 weeks, and includes six (6) online virtual Saturday Workshops 9:00-17:00
You will have to provide evidence of work experience as follows:
· 3 years – Masters or doctorate.
· 4 years - Bachelor’s degree (level 7 or 8)
· 8 years - if you do not have a degree or diploma
Week 1 - Basic Statistics
Week 2 - Management & Leadership
Week 3 - The Quality System
Week 4 - Probability Distributions
Week 5 - Product Process and Service Design
Week 6 - Statistical Decision Making
Week 7 - Product & Process Control
Week 8 - Statistical Process Control
Week 9 - Anova, Regression & DOE
Week 10 - Continuous Improvement, Process Capability Analysis
Week 11 - Reliability & maintainability
Exam date in June to be confirmed
QualificationCertification provided by American Society of Qualification (ASQ)
No training dates available at the moment.