Project Management Essentials
OverviewEnter the world of project management by acquiring the core skills of the role. Become confident in managing a complex project by learning how to integrate its conflicting facets into a manageable entity.
This course provides you with a foundation in professional project management principles. Based on the Project Management Institute’s Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, you will be taken through the entire project
lifecycle and will be introduced to the knowledge areas needed to manage any project effectively. Using a case study, you will complete the necessary steps to comprehensively plan a project scope and schedule. You will learn how to identify and manage risks and how to manage stakeholder expectations via communication. On completion, you will be familiar with key project management terminology and have the tools and techniques required to start managing your own projects.
Cost per person:
Employed €315 pp
Unemployed: No charge (This event is fully funded under Skills Connect for UNEMPLOYED people who are currently seeking employment, subject to eligibility criteria.)
Further details of Skills Connect and Skills Connect ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA can be found on the Skillnet Ireland Website
Learning Outcomes• Identify and define the key project phases
• Learn essential project management skills, concepts, tools and techniques
• Identify project stakeholders and map project deliverables to their needs
• Define and develop the project scope statement and Work Breakdown Structure
• Estimate project resources and durations
• Be able to schedule project tasks and develop a project schedule
• Manage the execution of the project and provide status reports to stakeholders
• Manage and Control any changes required or requested
• Successfully close out a project
• Determine what lessons can be learned
Who should attendIndividuals who need to strengthen their project management skills. It is especially suitable for people new to Project Management or project Team Members who need to interact more efficiently with the Project Manager and Project Stakeholders.
No training dates available at the moment.