Irish Medtech Association Code of Ethical Business Practice
ObjectivesThe Code of Ethical Business Practice for the Irish medical technology industry is comprehensive in its commitment to high ethical standards. It governs all interactions between medical technology companies and healthcare professionals and it is supplemented by detailed guidelines which clarify and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate activity in areas such as:
- Appropriate support of scientific and educational conferences
- Legitimate consulting agreements with HCP’s
- Provision of educational grants and charitable donations
- Provision of modest hospitality and gifts
The Irish Medtech Association Code of Ethical Business Practice became mandatory for IMDA members in January 2013. A one day workshop educating members on their obligations in relation to the Code of Ethical Business Practice will be held in 2014.
Content includesOverview of the structure of the Code and its driving forces
- Relevance to your organisation and implementation of the Code
- Opportunity for discussion/questions
Who should attendThis workshop is relevant to individuals who engage with the healthcare community and those with responsibility for compliance.
No training dates available at the moment.