Global Trade Compliance
ObjectivesDeveloped by the Irish Medtech Skillnet in collaboration with the Kemmy Business School, University of Limerick provides a sound introduction to global trade compliance. It was developed for employees who aspire to consolidate their existing operational experience and gain a formal global trade qualification. This certificate of study is an introduction to global trade compliance aimed at current and aspiring individuals with the necessary skills, knowledge and competencies to become highly effective in the global trade industry.
Following the completion of the Programme, the attendees should:
- Have the tools and knowledge necessary to understand the concepts, approach and constantly changing trade compliance environment.
- Be able to interpret regulations for importation into different markets and understand their implications to their business.
- Uunderstand the regulations for each market and be able to generate required documentation to comply.
- Understand how to stay up to date on changes to these regulations.
- Understand the impacts of non-compliance with these regulations.
- Be able to interpret, synthesise and integrate core aspects of exportation and importation associated compliance issues and important processing parameters with a view to problem solving and making regulatory decisions in a timely and competent manner.
16 December 2019 - 14 December 2020.
Start date is 16th December 2019. This is the only classroom day. Remainder of the programme is blended. (Workshops will be provided if requested)
Delivery is through weekly online lectures supported by tutor facilitated interactive workshops and additional self-directed online learning by the participant and assessed through continuous assessment. This Certificate of Study in Global Trade Compliance is at NFQ level 6.
Non Members: €2,000
No VAT on training
Who should attendThose working in the global trade compliance industry with a minimum of two years organisational experience.
Qualification10 modules @ 6 credits each (Upon accreditation it is proposed that this Certificate of Study in Global Trade Compliance will lead to an NFQ level 6 award.) This will open up a pathway of progression to level 7, 8 & 9 awards.
No training dates available at the moment.